Friday 14 August 2009

Haddon Hall - Hannahs Photos July 2009

I visited Haddon Hall with a friend while Simon was working one Saturday. I love this place. The car park is across the road, so we had to cross a busy road to get into the park. Once into the park we passed through a gateway and then walk to this bridge for a great view of the castle.
We approached the castle through (another) gatehouse that leads to this courtyard. This is the front entrance to the house.
These steps were in the Chapel, which is opposite and to the side of the front entrance.
A doorway to the side of the front entrance.
We were allowed to take photos in the house, unlike many properties we visit. Here is some graffiti from 1883 - the Hall was left unoccupied for a long time (200 years if my memory serves me right) and many visitors wrote graffiti on the window panes.
A door in the garden - where does it lead?!! I didn't find out.
Flowers, I don't know what sort though!
The Hall from the gardens. The Chapel is to the left of the picture.
A view of a beautiful border - the flowers were lovely - there was so much colour.
A view from the Hall over the river below - I love the bridge.
A view through the front door back into the courtyard. It wasnt actually that dark in there!
Looking up above the front door - lots of stone characters! And a cloudless sky there!
The gatehouse on the way out form the courtyard - a brilliant day with my mate Joan!!

No comments: